Hauora Māori Scholarships provide financial assistance to students who are undertaking or completing a course in health and disability studies that has been accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Apply online between 12.00 pm 28 February 2013 and 12.00 pm 4 April 2013
The scholarships are open to any person who:
- is enrolled and attending a University, Polytechnic, Wananga or Private Training Establishment based in NZ
- has whakapapa and/or cultural links with te ao Māori or Māori communities
- can demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Māori health and well-being studies
- is studying a health related, NZQA accredited course.
Hauora Māori Scholarships are not available to Ministry of Health or DHB employees.
Applicants may apply:
- only once each year, and under only one category
- online between 12.00 pm 28 February 2013 and 12.00 pm 4 April 2013.
Hard copy applications are not accepted.
To check if you’re eligible and further information for applicants, please read the guidelines for applicants
Instructions and tips on preparing an application:
We have provided some instructions and tips on how to prepare an awesome application.
Don’t forget to read the descriptions of the 11 categories before starting your application. View the scholarship categories
If you would like any more information or support on putting together your application phone 0800 686 223 and press option 2 to speak to a Customer Service Representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to apply you can start the‘application process’
Here’s what you need to do (Terms & Conditions):
- If you are a Maori Community Health Worker (kaitiaki, kaiawhina, working in the community with whanau, etc.) you are eligible to enter.
- You can complete this survey only once.
- If you tell others about this and they complete the survey too, it will be included as another entry for you – so let as many people as possible know about this! (tell them to answer the question about where they heard about this survey by putting in your name).
- Survey ends noon, 31 May 2012.
- The winner of the iPad will be selected randomly from all the entries.
- The winner will be notified by 8 June by email or phone.
- The winner will agree to having their name and a photo of themselves on the MCHW.net website to announce the winner.
- Trustees and contractors of Te Whiringa Trust are not permitted to enter.
- Note that Apple is not sponsoring this survey.